Baked Haddock, Ellida Style
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds fresh haddock fillets, or other delicate white fish
- 2 cups garlic and herb flavored prepared bread crumbs
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 4 ounces fresh chunk crabmeat
- 4 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a baking dish with nonstick spray. Arrange the fish fillets in the prepared baking dish to cover the bottom. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs with melted butter, crabmeat, and artichokes. Slice the tomato thinly and arrange the slices over the fish. Spread the cheese over the tomatoes. Top with the buttered crumb mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fish is white and flaky. Variants: Add sliced bell peppers, avocado, or broccoli.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina Williamson, Schooner Ellida, Rockland, Maine