Baked Halibut with Tomato, Capers, and Olive Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2/3 cup Kalamata or other brine-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2 pounds) halibut steak (1 1/2-inch thick), skinned, boned, and cut into 4 pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Whisk together lemon juice and mustard. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Stir in tomatoes, olives, capers, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Arrange the fish steaks in a ceramic or glass baking dish just large enough to hold them in 1 layer. Pour the vinaigrette over fish.
Cook the fish in middle of oven until just cooked through and no longer translucent, 7 to 9 minutes.
Serve fish with the vinaigrette from the baking dish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.