Balsamic Marinade for Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
Mix vinegar, lemon juice, orange juice, lemon peel, orange peel, garlic, basil and oregano in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into glass baking dish. Add goat cheese; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days, turning occasionally.
Transfer goat cheese to platter. Spoon marinade over. Sprinkle with bell peppers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.