Baltimore Orioles Maryland Crab Cakes
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound lump or backfin crabmeat
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, as needed
- Serving Suggestion: Tartar sauce
Whisk together the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Spread the crabmeat on a cookie sheet and carefully remove any bits of shell. Transfer to a large bowl and toss gently with the bread. Spoon the wet mix over the crabmeat and gently fold until just combined. Allow the
mixture to rest in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Shape the mixture into 12 even-sized cakes (approximately 4 ounces each). Chill the crab cakes for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight to firm up.
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry the crab cakes, turning once, until golden brown and heated through. (Alternatively, bake in a preheated 400 degree F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes.)
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy ARAMARK