- 3 3-ounce packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger,chopped
- 2 bananas,thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the noodles in a bowl, cover with hot tap water and soak, flipping once, for 10 minutes; the noodles should pull apart easily. Drain well; toss with the melted butter.
Whisk the eggs, sugar, coconut milk, sour cream, almond extract, cardamom, anise seed and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Stir in the noodles, raisins and ginger until combined.
Butter an 8-inch square baking dish; spread out the bananas in a layer, then pour the noodle mixture on top. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds. Bake until golden brown and set, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim