- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely crushed pretzels, butter flavored pretzels suggested, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons butter or butter flavored shortening, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping, plus 3 cups
- 4 large bananas, sliced
- 1 (3-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/4 cups milk
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, pretzels, salt, and butter until texture is crumbly. Add water, and mix well. Roll with rolling pin until you have a nice thin even crust, large enough for a deep-dish pie plate. Place in pie plate (crust is very fragile and will fall apart but pinches back together nicely) flute edges, poke with fork and bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
In medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled pretzel crust. Slice bananas on top of cheese mixture. Mix pudding and milk, pour immediately over bananas. Top with remaining 3 cups whipped topping. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving and garnish with crushed pretzels.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.