- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 3 ounces light or dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
Melt butter in a flat chafing dish or skillet. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar is melted. Add bananas and saute until tender, about 3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Pour banana liqueur and rum over bananas, shake pan to distribute the liquid and flame. Baste bananas with the flaming sauce until flames die out. Serve immediately over ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Commander's Palace
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay