Barbecue Chicken Torta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 Poblano chile, roasted, seeded, cut julienne
- 1/4 cup Adobo, see recipe, or favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 Bolillo (found at specialty stores)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomato slices
Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chile, Adobo sauce and chicken and stir until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pull open Bolillo lengthwise. Mix mayonnaise, cilantro and cumin in small bowl. Spread mixture over inside of Bolillo. Line half of Bolillo with lettuce and half with tomato slices. Spoon chicken mixture inside. Sprinkle with cheese. Press together and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.