Barbecued Salmon with Chipotle Cole Slaw
Recipe courtesy DM Cuisine Ltd., created by Chef Daniel Mattrocce
- Total Time:
- 8 hr 35 min
- 8 hr 20 min
- 15 min
- 4 servings
- Chipotle Cole Slaw:
- 1/4 cup champagne wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/3 tablespoons chipotle pepper in adobo, pureed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, julienned
- 1/4 fennel bulb, julienned (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- For Salmon:
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (any kind)
DirectionsChipotle Cole Slaw:
To make chipotle vinaigrette, add first 5 ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. With the processor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify the vinaigrette. Add salt and taste to adjust seasoning.
Toss all of the vegetables together. Add the salt, pepper, sugar and chipotle vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
Let cole slaw sit refrigerated overnight.For Salmon:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season salmon with oil, salt and pepper. Brush with the barbecue sauce.
Place salmon on an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush once more with barbecue sauce. Serve with chipotle cole s1aw.