- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Greek oregano leaves
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Serving suggestion: fresh pasta
Combine the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, parsley, oregano and garlic in a food processor or blender and process until finely ground. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Let stand for 5 minutes before using. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve with fresh pasta.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Lavender Fields Farm