- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package medium-size bowties
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 bunch basil (about 12 large leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add bowties and cook according to package instructions.
Stack 5 to 6 basil leaves at a time, roll them up tight and slice across the roll, spacing cuts 1/8-inch apart or less. Repeat with more leaves until quantity reaches firmly packed 1/2 cup. Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat for 1 minute. Add garlic and saute, stirring often, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Add well-drained bowties and toss well until coated with garlic-oil mixture. Add lemon juice and zest, basil, salt, and pepper, and toss until basil wilts.
Recipe courtesy of Cut the Calories Cookbook