- 1 recipe shredded smoked pork butt (follows)
- 1 recipe dry rub (follows)
- 1 recipe pork sandwich slaw (follows)
- 1 loaf spongy white bread
- 1/2 cup Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
Mix all ingredients in bowl until well blended and reserve.
Massage pork with about half dry rub mixture the day before cooking. Refrigerate, covered well, overnight. Remove pork from cooler, rub down with another portion of dry rub, so that it is covered well. Next, brush molasses over top of pork. Preheat smoker to 200 degrees. Place pork in smoker, smoke for 8 to 10 hours or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. In the meantime prepare the slaw, and sauce for the sandwich. Remove pork from smoker and let sit for 20 minutes. Pull off meat and shred or chop as preferred.
PORK SANDWICH SLAW:
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black, to taste
Mix ingredients in bowl until well combined. Let all marinate for 30 minutes. Before using on sandwich.
ASSEMBLY OF SANDWICH: Place desired amount of shredded pork on top of 1 piece of bread, top with desired amount of slaw and sauce. Top with other piece of bread and "squish" the sandwich down slightly. Then enjoy.