- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 3 1/2 cups Neely's BBQ sauce, recipe follows
- 1 pound pork, beef, or chicken, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute the pepper and onion until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic salt. Add the BBQ sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add the chopped meat.
Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to boil. Season liberally with salt and add spaghetti. Cook until al dente (firm but not hard), about 7 minutes, and drain. Toss spaghetti with sauce.
Neely's BBQ Sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys