- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 /4-thick inch fries
- 1 Recipe BBQ Spice
In a heavy-bottomed pot, preheat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees. Add the potatoes and fry until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with BBQ Spice. Serve.
- 5 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoons chili powder (pasilla negro or habanero)
- 2 tablespoons brown suagr
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until everything is very well combined and almost pulverized. Sprinkle desired amount over hot French fries and toss well.