- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup bourbon (recommended: Maker's Kentucky Bourbon)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced into 4 strips
- 1/2 cup whiskey (recommended: Jim Beam Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey)
- Couple of shakes from a cinnamon container
- 2 store-bought brownies
Preheat grill to high.
Place all ingredients, except bourbon, in a small saucepan over high heat on the grill. Bring to boil and reduce by 1/3 until thickened. Remove from heat, add bourbon, and reduce by half. Remove from grill, cool slightly, and pour into a plastic container. As the sauce cools, it will thicken more.
Brush bananas with whiskey. Place bananas over medium-low heat on the grill. Generously sprinkle cinnamon over banana. Grill for 2 minutes and remove from the grill to a plate. Pour 1/2 cup of whiskey over bananas. Return bananas to the grill until a little charred. Flip bananas over to char the other side.
To assemble: Crumble brownies into 2 martini glasses, lay sliced bananas in an ornate fashion around rim of glass, and top with sauce.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.