- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, diced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon mirin, or to taste
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) yellowfin tuna steaks (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- White sticky rice, for serving
- Sliced radicchio, for serving
- Sliced romaine lettuce, for serving
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sweat garlic and shallots in olive oil until shallots are softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Deglaze pan with orange juice and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Transfer mixture to blender. Add miso, wasabi and mirin. Blend until smooth.
Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Sear tuna on grill, about 1 to 2 minutes per side for rare. Slice tuna and plate immediately on bed of white sticky rice and finely sliced radicchio and romaine. Drizzle with ponzu sauce.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.