- 1 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 chicken legs or thighs
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken legs or thighs. Place the chicken skin side down on the grill. Cook about 5 minutes, then turn at a 45 degree angle to establish nice grill marks. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes, until skin is crispy, then flip the chicken pieces over. Cook chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F and until the juices run clear, about 8 to 10 minutes more.
Remove the chicken from the grill and serve immediately.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.