- 2 cups black beans (see recipe above), drained
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour plus more if needed
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream and fresh or jarred salsa as an accompaniment
In a blender puree beans with cilantro, chili powder, cumin, coriander. Pour mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in garlic, onion, eggs and enough flour to make a thick batter. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large non-stick saute pan and spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into pan. Cook for about 2 minutes per side turning once or until cakes are golden and cooked through. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.