Beef Brisket Rub #1
- 2 tablespoons kosher or coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper (use fresh cracked pepper)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Mix ingredients together in bowl. Prepare meat by brushing the surface with oil before applying rub. Apply rub 2 to 4 hours before cooking. The rubbed meat can be refrigerated overnight, as this will increase the flavor slightly.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Lee and Bobbie McWright