Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 3 stalks lemongrass, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried chile peppers
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Thai curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (can be purchased at most grocery stores)
- 3 pounds beef top round or flank, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- Peanut Sauce, recipe follows
- Special Equipment: wooden skewers
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 slices chile pepper, minced
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 12 ounces water
Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow pan or bowl. Add beef and marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 to 3 hours. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Skewer the meat and then grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness. Serve with peanut sauce.Peanut Sauce:
Heat peanut oil in a saute pan over low heat. Add garlic and "sweat" (cook until it softens and releases moisture but does not color) over low heat until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Add the chile peppers and continue to cook for another minute. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Adjust the consistency with additional water, if necessary.
Yield: about 2 cups sauce
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.