- Olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced medium
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, cubed
- 24 ounces beef stock
- Salt and pepper
In a large stew pot over medium-high heat, add 4 tablespoons olive oil. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, cornstarch, tomatoes, turmeric, and red pepper flakes. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the stew beef and the beef stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and let stew simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir periodically. Serve hot.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.