Beef Stroganoff for Noodles
- 1 pound filet mignon or mignon tips (cut into 2 inch long and 1/4 inch wide)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, domestic or wild, caps only thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked
Heat large non-stick skillet over high heat and sear meat on all sides, for about a minute. Work in small batches so meat does not give off liquid. Remove to a plate. In a clean wide skillet, heat butter. Sweat onions and add mushrooms and saute over until deep golden, about 20 minutes. While this is cooking, blend broth, mustard, heavy cream and sour cream together. Lower heat, add flour and cook stirring for a minute. Whisk in liquids, and any meat juices and simmer, without boiling until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Return meat to sauce and heat, without boiling until meat is warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in dill and parsley and spoon over noodles.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.