Beer Braised Corned Beef with Red Potatoes and Carrots
- 1 (3-pound) corned beef brisket
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles beer (not light)
- 1/2 cup Irish whiskey
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 red potatoes, cut into 2-inch dice
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- Kale leaves, for plating
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
Put the corned beef into a large roasting pan (preferably with a lid). Add the garlic, shallots, pickling spice, caraway seeds, beer and whiskey. Cover and place in the oven. Braise 3 hours, turning the meat once. At the end of the 3 hours, add the carrots, potatoes and dill. Cover again and place back in the oven for an additional 2 hours. Remove from the oven. Line a platter with kale leaves, place the corned beef in the center and mound the carrots and potatoes around it. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh null
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay