- Even beet haters will love this salad. Okay, maybe not but if any recipe could win over a fussy eater, it?s this one. It?s super simple to whip together and with a piece of grilled chicken or fish you?ve got another dinner in the bag.
- Tip ? If you can peel an apple, you can peel a beet. That?s right, an apple peeler is the perfect tool to peel a beet.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 pound beets, about two large, trimmed and peeled
- 1 large apple, peeled and cored
In the bowl you?ll serve the salad in, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mint and cilantro. Stir until combined, season to taste with salt. Set aside in refrigerator.