- 1 red beet
- 1 yellow beet
- Splash sherry vinegar
- Splash extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -ounce crumbled goat cheese
- 1/8 th Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 15 to 20 toasted pine nuts
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Peel the beets and add them to a small pan with a little water. Cover the pan with a lid and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Remove the beets from the oven and when cool enough to handle, cut them into small wedges. Put them into a bowl and add a splash of sherry vinegar and a splash of extra-virgin olive oil. Stir in the chopped shallots and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the beets on a plate and top with crumbled goat cheese, apple, and pine nuts.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Rambla