- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tangerine, zest grated
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the berries, vinegar, and water to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain out the seeds and return the liquid to the saucepan. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, cayenne pepper, butter, and grated tangerine rind. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.