- 8 ounces leeks, julienne
- 8 ounces carrots, julienne
- 8 ounces celery, julienne
- 1/2 bulb fennel, julienne
- 3 Japanese eggplants, julienne
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- 4 cups canola oil
Combine vegetables, blanch in salted water until done. To this mixture add basil, mint, cilantro, ginger, hot chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Place 1 tablespoon of mixture on egg roll skin, roll like a cigar. Fry in hot oil, until brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.