- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced bell peppers
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Fat-free sour cream or plain fat-free Greek yogurt, for optional topping
Drizzle a large skillet with oil and bring it to medium-high heat on the stove. Add sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion, and sprinkle with garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook until veggies are tender, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt. If you like, season with additional chili powder, to taste. Mix well and set aside.
Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, and microwave for 25 seconds, or until slightly warm. Top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup of fajita veggies and a spoonful of the tomato-avocado mixture. If you like, add a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt as well.
Fold and chew!
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 3 fajitas): 275 calories, 8g fat, 312mg sodium, 47g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 7.5g sugars, 7g protein