Berry Patch Pie
- 2 (9-inch) pie doughs, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 1/4 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line 1 pie pan with 1 of the pie doughs, and place in the refrigerator. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, orange zest, salt, lemon juice, and butter until combined. Gently add the berries to the bowl, and toss a few times until most are coated with the sugar mixture. Pour the berry mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Top with the second pie dough, folding the edges under and crimping together by pinching with the thumb and forefinger of one hand. With a sharp knife, cut a few slits in the center of the top crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until the dough is firm. Place pie in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden all over. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F, and bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes, or until berry juices bubble at center slits. If crust darkens too quickly, cover it with foil. Let pie cool on a wire rack before serving.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy B Line