Bert's Burger Bowl - Carne Adovada
- 2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder or cushion
- 16 ounces water
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- 3 ounces red chile pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces red chili powder
- Romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried, for serving
On a cutting board, cut the pork into 1 1/2-inch cubes and place it in a roasting pan (approximately 13 by 21-inch). Put the water into a blender; add the garlic, onion, salt, black pepper, oregano, chile pepper and chili powder. Blend until it is as smooth as possible. Pour over the pork cubes and toss to coat well.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cover the roasting pan and place in the oven to bake for 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender.
Serve pork over romaine lettuce leaves.
Cook's Note: This Carne Adovada can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for 3 months. This mix can be used on all grilled meats. Dry Adovada Mix is available at Bert's.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.