Big Man Bakes Old School Cupcakes
- 4 cups cake flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 sticks (1 pound) unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Secret amount almond extract
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, recipe follows
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted and cooled (recommended: Ghirardelli)
- Heavy whipping cream
- Secret ingredient
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 4 mini cupcake pans with 96 cupcake liners.
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cream the butter in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add the sugar, mixing until light and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs on low speed. Do not over mix. Add the flour mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, always on low speed. Finally, on low speed, stir in the vanilla and almond flavorings. Pour into the cupcake liners and bake until light brown on top, 11 minutes. Cool before frosting.Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
Cream the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the vanilla and salt. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix on low speed. Stir in the melted chocolate until well blended. Alternate adding the remaining 3 cups powdered sugar with the cream, a teaspoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.