- 4 cups diced onions
- 1 roasted poblano, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 2 1/2 pounds ground Bison
- 9 ounces dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10-pound) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5-pound) can kidney beans
- 1 (5-pound) can black beans
- 24 ounces tomato-vegetable juice
Saute onions, poblanos, celery, bell peppers, and garlic until translucent. Add meat and saute together. Mix together chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and add to meat and vegetable mixture. Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and black beans. Add tomato-vegetable juice. Let simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.