Bitter Green and Egg Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads bitter greens (such as frisee, radicchio, endive, and dandelion), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped*
- 1 tablespoon capers
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the greens and green onions and toss to coat well. Top with eggs and capers.
*For perfectly hard-cooked eggs, place eggs in a large pot with cold water to cover. Bring just to a boil then remove from heat. Cover pot and let stand 15 minutes. Rinse under cold water and peel.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.