Black Bean Dip
- Two 16-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced (or leave the seeds in for more spice, if desired)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves picked and finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh tortilla chips, for serving
Transfer the bean mixture to a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until the beans are warm, about 3 minutes. Stir in the onion, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro, then remove from the heat; season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm or at room temperature with tortilla chips for dipping.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Rob Del Balzo, Nuttin' To It Restaurant