Black Bean Dip
- Two 16-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced (or leave the seeds in for more spice, if desired)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves picked and finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh tortilla chips, for serving
Transfer the bean mixture to a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until the beans are warm, about 3 minutes. Stir in the onion, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro, then remove from the heat; season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm or at room temperature with tortilla chips for dipping.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.