Black Bean Risotto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock, heated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Scallion flowers, for garnish
- Maduros, for garnish
Special equipment: RIZO Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
Add 1/2 the olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, jalapenos and onions and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, do not brown. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, beans and tomatoes and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until all ingredients are warm, then set aside.
Add the other 1/2 of the olive oil to a sauce pot and saute the rice until warm, about 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer the rice to the inner cooking pan of the RIZO Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer and place inside the cooker. Pour the heated chicken stock over the rice and then place the sauteed ingredients on top of the rice. Close the lid and press the risotto button to start. When the rice is finished it will automatically switch to warm mode. Press the RESET button. Add the salt, pepper, butter and cheese, mix all and serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro, scallion flowers and maduros.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.