Black Bean Soup
- 3 cups (720 ml) low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) canned, drained and rinsed black beans (1/2 reserved)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) canned, drained and rinsed chickpeas (1/2 reserved)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped and cooked onion
- 1/4 cup (25 g) chopped scallions
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lime juice
- 1 (10 g) jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup (37 g) diced red pepper (reserved)
- 1/4 cup (37 g) diced yellow pepper (reserved)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
5. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add reserved ingredients through the lid plug opening.
6. Blend for additional 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.