Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad:
- One (#10 can) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 to 1 small or medium red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, very finely minced
- Salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
In a large salad bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, red and green bell peppers, onion, garlic, parsley and jalapeno.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, canola oil, vinegar, whole-grain mustard, brown mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad mixture and toss well.
Scaled Down Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Ed Wilson, owner of Wilson's Holy Smoke BBQ, Fairfield, CT
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri