Black Mussels Steamed in Saffron Broth Recipe
- 6 cups fish broth
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 pounds P.E.I mussels
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced basil leaves
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chili flakes, to taste
- 1 lemon or lime, sliced, for garnish
In a saucepan, over high heat, combine fish stock, saffron and white wine, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmering and let cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a separate saucepan, over high heat, add the butter and garlic. Cook until the garlic is tender. Add saffron broth and bring to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients including the mussels and cover.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Cha Cha Cha