Black Mussels Steamed in Saffron Broth Recipe
- 6 cups fish broth
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 pounds P.E.I mussels
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced basil leaves
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chili flakes, to taste
- 1 lemon or lime, sliced, for garnish
In a saucepan, over high heat, combine fish stock, saffron and white wine, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmering and let cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a separate saucepan, over high heat, add the butter and garlic. Cook until the garlic is tender. Add saffron broth and bring to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients including the mussels and cover.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Cha Cha Cha