1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray two 9-inch cake pans with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Add walnuts to a food processor or coffee grinder. Pulse until finely ground. Set aside in dish.
3. For cake, in medium bowl combine flour and ground walnuts; set aside. In large mixing bowl cream butter, brown sugar, eggs and almond extract using electric mixer. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix well.
4. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean when removed. Remove to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Gently turn layers out onto rack; cool completely.
5. Place one cake layer upside down on serving platter. Spread black raspberry jam over top. Place the other layer on top.
6. Using mixer, combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form. Frost torte with whipped cream; sprinkle chopped walnuts over top and sides.
Recipe courtesy of Fisher® Nuts