Black Rice Salad
- 1/2 pound dry black beans, soaked overnight, cooked, drained, cooking liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 1/2 cups reserved bean cooking liquid
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat, add onions and garlic and saute until soft. Add cumin and cook 1 minute. Add rice and coat with the oil. Add reserved cooking liquid, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork and fold in the cooked black beans, green onion and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.