Black Swan Seafood Risotto
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 .5 cups arborio rice
- 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups hot lobster stock
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 12 U-10 scallops
- 12 ounces black grouper
- 16 mussels, steamed, shells removed
- 2 live Maine lobster, 1 1/4 pound each, steamed, shells removed
- 2 stalks fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- Edible flowers, for garnish
Saute garlic and shallots in a saucepan; deglaze the pan with champagne and reduce to half the original volume. Add risotto to pan and add 1 1/2 cups of hot lobster stock to start with. Continue stirring while you add the stock cup by cup. After you add 4 cups taste to see how much rice has cooked (if you wish to go to this step and pull it off the heat and finish when ready to dine it will work just fine).
Using a non stick saute pan, heat clarified butter. Place the scallops in the pan first and sear so they have a golden color, then add grouper; cook grouper and scallops together until they are 3/4 done then add steamed seafood. Combine in the saucepan with rice and a little more stock. Be careful not to crush the seafood while stirring. Taste the rice and season. Risotto should be very creamy but still holding its shape. Add fresh tarragon at the end of the cooking and serve.
Drizzle with white truffle oil, and garnish with flowers and herbs.