Blindog's Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons favorite rub
- 1 pound ground round hamburger meat
- 1 pound hot pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped purple onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon horseradish minced
Preheat a grill.
Brush the outside of the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle all over with the rub.
In a saute pan, brown the burger and sausage meat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until soft. Drain excess fat. Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add the drained meat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well.
Spoon the mixture into mushrooms and grill until mushrooms are tender.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Drew 'Blindog
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica