Bloody Mary Slushies
- 6 ripe medium red tomatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
- Celery salt
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups tomato juice or vegetable-tomato juice
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Hot pepper sauce
- Garnish: celery sticks, trimmed green onions, and skewered cherry tomatoes
- Vodka, optional
Peel and seed tomatoes, then chop coarsely. Put chopped tomatoes in a large sealable freezer bag, squeeze out excess air, and freeze tomatoes in a single layer until solid.
Mix equal parts salt and celery salt in a saucer. Put cold water in another saucer. Dip rims of large cocktail or highball glasses in water, then in salt mixture to coat.
Remove frozen tomato cubes from freezer and let thaw for 1 or 2 minutes so you can break them into manageable size chunks. Put tomato chunks in a blender with red bell pepper, 1 cup tomato juice, and the juice from half the lemon. Season with Worcestershire, horseradish, and hot sauce, to taste. Whirl just until slushy. Taste, and add more lemon juice or tomato juice. as necessary. Pour into prepared glasses, add vodka, if desired, and garnish with celery sticks, green onions, and tomato skewers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.