Bloody Mary Steaks
- 8 (3 to 4-ounce) or 4 (6 to 8-ounce) filet mignons
- For the marinade:
- 2 cups tomato juice or V-8 juice
- 1/4 cup vodka (preferably Absolut Pepar vodka) or gin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish or prepared white horseradish
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, or to taste (unless your using Pepar vodka)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Arrange the steaks in a baking dish. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Pour the mixture over the steaks and marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator, turning the steaks a couple of times to insure even marinating.
Preheat the grill to high. Oil the grate. Grill the steaks until cooked to taste, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare, rotating each steak 90 degrees after 2 minutes to create an attractive cross-hatch of grill marks. Transfer the steaks to plates or a platter.