Blueberry-Onion Sauced Pork Tenderloin
- 3/4 to 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup port wine or sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
Preheat broiler. Broil pork, turning occasionally until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove to a platter; cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add onions, salt and pepper; cook until onions are golden, about 10 minutes. Add sugar; cook until onions are caramelized, 3 minutes longer. Add port, balsamic, blueberries and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Thinly slice pork and serve with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of North American Blueberry Council