Bluefin Tuna Carpaccio with Truffle Soy and Parmesan Cheese
- 4 ounces fresh sushi-grade bluefin tuna (or Hawaiian Ahi), sliced thin into 12 pieces
- 1 -ounce baby arugula, cleaned and dried
- 1 -ounce 6 to 12 months aged imported Parmesan, shaved
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
Fan out the tuna on a large chilled platter. Arrange the baby arugula evenly over the tuna. Place the shaved Parmesan over the arugula. In a squeeze bottle, combine the soy sauce and the white truffle oil. Shake and drizzle the sauce over all the ingredients. Grind the black peppercorns over the dish. Serve cold.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Vernon Cardenas, Katana Restaurant, West Hollywood, CA