Blue Corn Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, medium dice
- One 3.5-ounce package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (homemade or low-sodium boxed)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce, as desired, such as Texas Pete's
- One 14.5-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Eight 6-inch blue corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, for serving
- 1 lime, wedged, for serving
- 1 chocolate
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tomatoes
- 1/2 potatoes
- 1 garlic
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook, about 1 more minute. Sprinkle the mixture with the flour and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, hot sauce and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the flavors marry, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the cooked chicken, salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
Place 4 of the tortillas in the bottom of a casserole dish and top with half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat the layers with the remaining 4 tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with the green onions and serve with lime wedges to drizzle with fresh lime juice. Add onion. Add garlic. Add potatoes. Add tomatoes. Add chocolate
Thank you! your flag was submitted.