Bobby's Creamed Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup low-fat 1-percent milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, minced
- 2 bunches spinach, stemmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the milk and nutmeg and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the chopped spinach and cook until warmed through. Stir the spinach into the milk mixture. Top with the cheese and serve.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
Total Fat: 8 grams
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Deen