Bobby's Ricotta Cheesecake
- 8 large graham crackers (3 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, sprinkled with 1 teaspoon sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the crust: Place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Add the butter and pulse again to combine. Transfer to the bottom of an 8-inch springform cake pan and press against the bottom of the pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
For the filling: Beat together the cream cheese and ricotta with an electric mixer. Add the sugar, vanilla and egg and beat until well blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the center is set and the edges are golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, slice and top with a dusting of cocoa powder and the sliced strawberries.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Deen