Cheesy Onion Artichoke Dip
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- One 8-ounce package Neufchatel-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Dash hot sauce, such as Texas Pete's
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (reserve half for garnish)
- Serving suggestions: crackers, tortilla chips, crostini or veggies
Heat the oil in a nonstick medium skillet. Add the onions, season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramelized, 25 minutes; set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand-held electric mixer until smooth; beat in the mayonnaise until smooth. Add the reserved caramelized onions, the artichoke hearts, mozzarella, Parmesan, hot sauce, Worcestershire and half of the green onions. Add an additional 1/4 teaspoon of salt and some black pepper to taste and stir together until combined. Transfer the dip to a pie plate or shallow gratin dish and bake until the top is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve hot with crackers, tortilla chips, crostini or veggies. Garnish with the remaining green onions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.